Monday, January 21, 2013

Le Petit Echo de la Mode







 I stumbled across this site that sells authentic, vintage magazine covers, not reproductions, and had a lot of fun sifting through what they had.

I love paper euphoria, having for many years focused on just making my wallets with vintage and vintage inspired prints I found, so whenever I see it somewhere, I'm very drawn to it.

These covers are from a magazine called Le Petit Echo de la Mode, which was a French, weekly publication for women's fashion.  It stayed in publication throughout the war years, though publication became a bit sporadic during due to the shortage of paper brought on my the way.

For over 100 years, the magazine was in print, until sales began to decline in the 1980s, and it was pulled from the newsstands in 1983.

This website has lots of the covers from the publication throughout the year, and even has them categorized by events, such as Christmas, Funeral, and Off to the Races.  It's really worth a look!

Image Sources
1  |  2  |  3  |  4
5  |  6  |  7  |  8

No comments: